How to Apply
The Exercise Science program applicants do NOT have the requirements of immunization documentation and criminal background check in order to be accepted into the program to pursue either the certificate or Associate of Applied Science Degree. Each year, approximately 12 to 16 students are accepted into the Exercise Science program to begin coursework in the Fall. Priority for acceptance is given to individuals who
- can pursue either the certificate or the AAS degree as a full-time student
- have displayed academic success previous to applying to the program
Individuals desiring to complete the program as a part-time student will be granted available seating on a contingency basis. New applications are accepted on an on-going basis. Note: Admission to Austin Community College does not guarantee admission to the program.
Application to the Exercise Science program is a three-step process.
- Complete the requirements to become an ACC student (if you are currently an ACC student, please go to the next step). ACC is an “open admissions” institution. No entrance examination is required for enrollment in the college but some students are required to sit for an assessment or TSI exam. Students who need financial assistance should contact the ACC Financial Aid Office. The college offers a variety of grants, loans, work-study programs, and scholarships. Counselors are available in ACC’s Student Services to discuss academic, career and personal matters.
- Complete the online informational session and complete the verification test.
- Apply to the program. The Department Chair will contact you for a meeting before the semester begins.
Tuition and Fees
For more information regarding program costs, click here.
As a whole, persons planning recreation and fitness careers should be outgoing, good at motivating people, and sensitive to the needs of others. Excellent health and physical fitness are required due to the physical nature of the job.