In addition to completing the ACC general application, prospective students must submit a separate application to the Fire Academy. Admission to ACC does not guarantee acceptance into the Fire Academy program. The Fire Academy application may be submitted before or after the ACC application, but students are encouraged to complete the ACC general application early in the process.
Complete the ACC Application
Select the following when prompted:
Area of Study: Public and Social Services
Program: Fire Protection Technology
Certificate or Degree: Fire Protection Technology: Firefighter – Certificate
Complete the Fire Academy Application
Fire Academy Application Deadlines and Requirements
- Fall semester — application deadline April 1st
- Spring semester — application deadline September 1st.
- Late applications are accepted but will be reviewed only if classes need to be filled.
- All cadets must be 18 years or older on or before the first day of class.
Selection Criteria and Process:
There are normally up to 100 applicants each semester for 30 available seats. The selection committee evaluates each application individually — this is not a first-come, first-served process.
- First priority is given to applicants who are EMT certified.
- Next priority is given to volunteer firefighters and/or students who are currently in ACC’s Fire Protection Technology associate degree plan.
- If accepted, you will be notified via email by April 5th (for fall semester enrollment) or September 5th (for spring semester).
- Upon reciept of the acceptance notification, you will have ten days to confirm your acceptance and reserve your spot in the academy.
- You must attend a scheduled pre-registration meeting with department staff prior to registering for classes.
- The Fire Academy does not maintain a waiting list or retain applications once a semester has begun. If you are not selected in this process, you will need to reapply.