The main building houses general and specialized training rooms for lecture and hands-on training. Amenities include kitchen and a lounge/dining area. A shaded breezeway leads to an indoor firing range.
Designed to meet the needs of working criminal justice professionals, the firing range incorporates the latest advancements in computerize targeting.
- 50-yard range with 12 dual target
- Configurable with double turning targets or running target system
- Programmable target control
- Customized lighting controls
- Handgun, rifle and shot gun capable
- Standard law enforcement calibers accepted (maximum .308 for rifles)
- Eco-friendly Total Containment Trap™ collects lead fragments and dust
Force on Force
The force on force training room is a customizable 7000 square-foot space for scenario-based tactical training using non-live fire. The room accommodates up to 30 participants at a time, and can be used with Airsoft, Simunitions, or UTM systems. Users may bring their own approved weaponry, or arrange to use ACC’s weapon system.
- Modular design for reconfiguration to simulate various environments, from residential to office to school
- Enclosed training staircase
- Observation catwalks
- Control room for light and sound adjustments
- Audio/video recording and video debriefing area for immediate feedback
With a half-mile track covering 19 acres of land, the Emergency Vehicles Operations Course can accommodate skills training in vehicle operation, vehicular extrication and mass casualty response. The course area can accommodate helicopter landings.
- Driving course is rated for 60 mph
- Half-mile loop
- Track includes banked curves, S-curves, skid pad, simulated RR crossing, and urban grid area
- 300’x300’ skills pad
- Covered area for weather protection and personnel breaks
The defensive tactics room is a standard physical training gym with floor mats and wall pads suitable for practicing hand to hand combat and other defensive techniques. The room accommodates groups up to 30. Access is via the same controlled area used by the force on force room, with secure storage of firearms provided.
EMT Training Room
The Emergency Medical Technician classroom is designed to accommodate the special needs of EMT and paramedic training. Mobile desks make it easy to quickly switch between lecture and lab instruction, and power outlets throughout the room accommodate simultaneous use of multiple mannequins and patient simulators. The room can seat up to 30 students, and is available as a general purpose training room when not being used for EMT instruction.
Tiered Training Rooms
Two tiered training rooms, seating 28 people each, offer space for lectures and classroom instruction. The rooms are equipped with projectors, high definition video screens and high speed internet access. One of the training rooms also serves as an Emergency Management Training Center, for conducting tabletop emergency management exercises.