General Career Information
Benefits of Studying Emergency Management
FIRST RESPONDERS AND CIVIL SERVANTS:
- Earn a college degree – Increase your income and job opportunities and meet requirements for career advancement.
- Become a well-rounded professional – Having an in-depth understanding of the roles that agencies other than your own play in emergency management gives you a broader outlook and makes you better at your job.
- Increase job satisfaction – It’s easier to liaise with FEMA and other agencies and apply for grants etc. if you have a deeper understanding of their work and speak their language.
- Get priority consideration for emergency management jobs in your field – An emergency management degree can complement your current experience/degree to give you priority consideration.
- Growing new field
- Challenging, interesting work – Allows you to protect communities without necessarily being a front-line first responder.
- Understand what happens during a disaster – Be better prepared to help yourself and your family.