ASLIT Lab is currently offering only virtual tutoring session on Zoom.
The purpose of the ASLIT Lab is to practice your expressive, receptive, and improve your ASL grammar skills.
ASLIT Lab Operating Hours
(Virtual tutoring only)
May 31st – August 3rd
Monday – Thursday:
8AM – 7PM
8AM – 12PM
Steps to Reserve a Tutoring Session
- Click “Tutor Reservation“
- Enter in your ACCeID and password
- Session Schedule: color-coded:
- Gray – Unavailable
- Light purple – Available
- Choose the slot and you will see the box turn to red.
- If you need to cancel your appointment, simply click on the time slot again and it will revert to purple
It is ultimately your responsibility to cancel your reservation. If we do not hear from you, it will be considered as a “NO SHOW”. With three no-show in total, you will lose the privilege from signing up for two weeks.
You are able to see two weeks of tutoring sessions at a time. You may reserve sessions for the new week on Monday at 8:00 AM. You may reserve 2 session per day during the actual week.
On the prior week of the actual week of tutoring sessions, students can only sign up for two sessions.
On the actual week of tutoring sessions, students can sign up for two sessions per day if there are any availability. Students can’t sign up for two consecutive sessions.
Virtual Tutoring Sessions
At the ASLIT Lab website, you will notice a button labeled ”Tutor Reservation”.
All sessions are up to 30 minutes long. Please be sure to let your tutor know what you would like to do during your session.
You can review ASL vocabulary, prepare for tests and exams, discuss the syntax of ASL, have a conversation in ASL with your classmate(s) and tutor, improve your ASL skills, play online games, or complete your homework. We can assist you with your homework after you’ve finished one attempt on your own. You can also work on your videos, where you will film yourself and then chat with a tutor on the screen sharing and receive feedback.
Don’t wait to book your session! Sessions fill up fast especially near the end of the semester. Be Proactive.
- You can have video conversations with up to 6 participants. Inviting your classmates is always welcome.
- Please make sure you have a solid backdrop and quiet background. Please, no distractions such as pets kids, etc. Do not do virtual tutoring sessions in the bathroom or inside of a car.
- You can have video conversations with up to 2 classmate at once.
- High Speed with at least 20 mbps. If you have low quality internet, we will have to cancel your tutoring session.
- Solid backdrop
- Quiet background (please, no distraction). Please don’t hold your baby on your arms or legs during a tutoring session. Your hands are needed to for signing. Recording video in bathroom and car is prohibited. Otherwise, we will cancel your session. No exception.
Using Zoom for the First Time
You just need to download the Zoom app on your computer or device. If you did not download in advance, you will be prompted to download and install Zoom when you click a join link. You can do a test meeting to familiarize yourself with Zoom before joining a lab session.
Please use your ACC email instead of your personal email so we’ll be able to find your ACC email address on Zoom contacts. Also if you have trouble joining a meeting.
- First, make sure that you have have reservation.
- Enter the lab session by clicking Zoom Lab under the tutor you are scheduled with.
- Click JOIN
- Click on both Start Video and Computer Audio.
Individual Tutoring Session: We will work with you one on one. You can invite up to 6 your classmate to join your session. It is more fun than one on one tutoring. It will help your receptive skills tremendously.
Group Study Session: A session for student who want to study for 30 minutes in prior to a test. This will be open to students only in the same ASL level.
Homework Help Desk: We are available to help answer questions related to your homework, clarification on ASL native signers in the videos, or ASL events. It is available in 10 minutes session. This is not a Tutor Session.
ASLIT Lab Testimonial
For any other questions related to ASLIT Lab please email Owen and Carlos.